Kayenecha, CEO & Creative Director
As a young professional Kayenecha has been steadily making her mark on the entertainment industry. While at Morgan State University she jumped head first into the world of events and promotions by becoming one of the initial group of interns for Hidden Beach Recordings.
After college, her company Gypsy Soul Entertainment was born. Conceived out of her desire to provide more substantive promotion and PR for artists who visited the Baltimore area to perform, Gypsy Soul began arranging interviews to help promote projects and meet & greets to facilitate connecting the fans. While serving the needs of the artists, Gypsy Soul also continues to address the desires of the community by producing public events that allow fans to interact with musicians in a setting of comfort and affordability that has been lacking in the social scene.
As of late, Kayenecha’s hard work in creating change and opportunities for the arts in Baltimore and beyond has been getting recognition from her peers. In 2012 Kayenecha joined the GRAMMY family and was hired to work in the office of the Washington, D.C. Chapter of The Recording Academy. Recently she served as a committee member for House Studio DC's 2014 Artist Grant program. Kayenecha continues to help empower artists and build the music atmosphere in the DMV.
Recognition, Committees, & Platforms:
- 2011 Billboard Magazine Women In Music Special Feature Nominee
- 2011 Soul Tracks Committee Member
- 2013 Heal A Woman To Heal A Nation Queens That Rock Award
- 2014 House Studio DC Artist Grant Committee Member & Judge
- 2014 Mixology Moderator for Meet The GRAMMYS, Washington, D.C. Chapter Panel
- 2014 Curators of Hip Hop Baltimore Independence Panel Member
- 2014 Made In The DMV National Exposure Panel Member